The History and Antiquities of London, Westminster, Southwark, and Parts Adjacent, vol. 3Allen, Thomas
Was a very ancient building, and was used as a chapel on Sundays. The courts of wardmote and inquest were usually held there. In the window at the east end of the hall were various paintings, viz. a whole length figure of St. Basil in his episcopalibus, with an inscription underneath :--
figures, a man in a fur gown, with his wife praying, under neath.
and an emblematical representation of the Trinity.
The figure of a man in the habit of a citizen kneeling at an altar. And a curious representation of a monkey in the habit of a monk shaving a dog which is seated in a chair.
 All are engraved in Carter's specimens of ancient Sculpture and Painting, fol. 1780, p. 24.