History of Tufts College, 1854-1896Start, Alaric Bertrand
FRANK T. DANIELS, A.M. B.
FRANK THOMAS DANIELS was born in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts, December 3, 1865. His ancestors were among the earliest settlers of Connecticut, and took part in the Indian wars and the Revolution. His father was a machinist, and moved to Hoosac Tunnel about the time that Frank began to attend school. The boy's mother died when he was but six years old, and he was taken to live with his paternal grandmother at Colrain, Massachusetts, where he attended the public schools. Subsequently he fitted for college at Arms Academy in Shelburne Falls near by. During this time he taught school through the winter months.
In the Fall of 1887 he entered the Civil Engineering Course at Tufts, and upon his graduation in 1890 went at once into practical work with E. D. Leavitt, of Cambridgeport. Next he was employed as Assistant Chief Draftsman for the West End Street Railway, and later he was with Gilbert Hodges. Then he was employed upon special work by the city of Cambridge.
In 1891 Mr. Daniels was called to Tufts as Assistant in
|Surveying and Drawing; and in 1892 he received the appointment of Instructor in Civil Engineering, which position he still holds.|
He was married, December 6, 1893, to Miss Emma L. Nason, of Ipswich, Massachusetts.
In 1895 Mr. Daniels published "A Text-book of Freehand Lettering," which promises to be of great value to students of drafting. In the same year he was elected Secretary of the College Faculty, and the manner in which he has systematized the work of this office is worthy of the greatest praise. Mr. Daniels is a member of the Zeta Psi Fraternity.
Published by the Class of 1897. The original contains appendices with a directory of alumni, the college catalog, and the college charter. These were not included in this addition.
- This object is in collection:
- Digital Collections and Archives records
- Permanent URL