History of Tufts College, 1854-1896Start, Alaric Bertrand
CHARLES A. PITKIN, PH. D.
CHARLES A. PITKIN was horn in Taunton, Massachusetts, October 21, 1853. He graduated from the Chelsea High School in 1869 and from Harvard College in 1873, and took the degrees of A. M. and Ph. D. at the University of Syracuse in 1890. During the college year of 1873-74, he was an Assistant in Chemistry at Harvard, and for the next two years was Assistant Professor of Chemistry at the United States Torpedo Station, at Newport, Rhode Island. Since the foundation of Thayer Academy at Braintree, Massachusetts, in 1877, he has been Master of Mathematics and Physical Science there, and now has charge of the new Glover Laboratories. In 1894 he was elected Professor of General Chemistry at the Tufts Medical School. He is a member of the American Chemical Society.
Published by the Class of 1897. The original contains appendices with a directory of alumni, the college catalog, and the college charter. These were not included in this addition.
- This object is in collection:
- Digital Collections and Archives records
- Permanent URL