History of Tufts College, 1854-1896Start, Alaric Bertrand
HAROLD WILLIAMS, A. B., M. D.
HAROLD WILLIAMS was born in Brookline, Massachusetts, December 5, 1853, and was fitted for college in the Brookline schools. He graduated from the Academic and Medical Departments of Harvard University, and subsequently studied for two years in the medical schools of Vienna, Paris, and London. In the hospital of the last named city he received an appointment as Dresser to surgical in-patients. On his return to this country, in 1880, he was appointed District Physician to the Boston Dispensary, and subsequently became physician to children at the same institution.
Dr. Williams is a member of the Massachusetts Medical Society, the Suffolk District Medical Society, the Boston Medical Improvement Society, and the Boston Society for Medical Observation. He was Secretary of the Examining Committee of the Boston Public Library for two years, and was subsequently appointed to make an examination and report upon the Medical Department of the same institution. In 1892 he was made Chairman of the Committee of Health and Physical Training of Wellesley College. He assumed his position as Professor of Pediatrics at Tufts in 1894. He is Associate Editor of " Annals of Gynæcology and Pediatry," and resides at No. 528 Beacon Street, Boston.
Published by the Class of 1897. The original contains appendices with a directory of alumni, the college catalog, and the college charter. These were not included in this addition.
- This object is in collection:
- Digital Collections and Archives records
- Permanent URL