History of Tufts College, 1854-1896Start, Alaric Bertrand
WALTER L. HALL, M. D.
WALTER L. HALL was born in Augusta, Maine, December 15, 1846, and graduated at the Bellevue Hospital Medical College in March, 1867. After service in the Charity Hospital and Epileptic and Paralytic Hospital on Blackwell's Island, New York, he served as Sanitary Inspector on the Board of Health of New York City; and then spent a year in Vienna, Austria, attending clinics and in service. He first settled for general practice in Gardiner, Maine, where he remained for one year, and then, after a short sojourn at St. George, New Brunswick, went to Newcastle, Maine, where he practiced for seven years. In 1880
|he came to Medford, Massachusetts, where he is now practicing. Dr. Hall was a member of the Maine State Medical Association and President of the Holms Medical Club, and is now a member of the Massachusetts Medical Society. He is Chairman of the Medford Board of Health, and also Master of the Mount Hermon Lodge of Masons. In 1886 he accepted the chair of Theory and Practice of Medicine at the Boston College of Physicians and Surgeons, and remained with that institution until the active faculty left it to found the Tufts Medical School, in 1893.|
Published by the Class of 1897. The original contains appendices with a directory of alumni, the college catalog, and the college charter. These were not included in this addition.
- This object is in collection:
- Digital Collections and Archives records
- Permanent URL