Brainput: Enhancing interactive systems with streaming fNIRS brain input.Solovey, Erin Treacy.
Schermerhorn, Paul W.
Fantini, Sergio (Professor of Biomedical Engineering)
Jacob, Robert J. K.
This paper describes the Brainput system, which learns to identify brain activity patterns occurring during multitasking. It provides a continuous, supplemental input stream to an interactive human-robot system, which uses this information to modify its behavior to better support multitasking. This paper demonstrates that we can use non-invasive methods to detect signals coming from the brain that... read more
- Human-computer interaction.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Human multitasking.
- Tufts University. Department of Computer Science.
- Tufts University. Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Solovey, Erin, Paul Schermerhorn, Matthias Scheutz, Angelo Sassaroli, Sergio Fantini, and Robert Jacob. "Brainput." Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Annual Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI '12 (2012). doi:10.1145/2207676.2208372.