Biomedical scientists' recognition and alleviation of pain and distress in laboratory rats and mice.Parkison, Valerie.
Scientific research on animals is a well-publicized ethical debate in our society. In part because of increasing attention to this issue, national legislation regarding laboratory animal welfare was created in 1966 with the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) and has been strengthened in the recent decades with its subsequent amendments, particularly the 1985 Improved Standards for Laboratory Animals. A sepa... read more
- Rats as laboratory animals.
- Laboratory animals--Moral and ethical aspects.
- Animal experimentation--Moral and ethical aspects.
- Animal welfare--Law and legislation--United States.
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Tufts University. Center for Animals and Public Policy.
- United States. Animal Welfare Act of 1970.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication