"Beauty on Duty": Constructions of Femininity and American Women's Uniforms in World War II.Sheldon, Rachel L.
Plenty of scholarly research has been dedicated to examining changes for women in the workplace during World War II, but there is a dearth of information about changes in women's apparel in relation to the workplace. In particular, the role that uniforms played for women in the war era has been neglected by researchers. For my Senior Honors Thesis, I am exploring the role that uniforms played for ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Uniforms--Social aspects--United States--20th century.
- Clothing and dress--Social aspects--United States--20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945--Women--United States.
- Women--United States--History--20th century.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Permanent URL