"Got Meat?": The Kosher Meat Boycott of 1902.Lichaw, Eden H.
At the turn of the twentieth century there was a large population of Jewish immigrants living on the Lower East Side of New York City. As this community assimilated into American culture the historic tradition of Jewish women keeping a kosher household was challenged. This thesis focuses on how Jewish immigrant women living on the Lower East Side used their commitment to a kosher lifestyle as a wa... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Kashering of meat.
- Jewish women.
- Jews--History--20th century.
- Jews--New York (State)--New York--20th century.
- Immigrants--New York (State)--New York--20th century.
- Boycotts--New York (State)--New York--20th century.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Permanent URL